Friday 6 September 2013

Over Coming a Challenge: Etsy shop reality

Its been a month since my etsy shop has opened. Although I have had about 175 views... I havent had any sales. Its dissapointing. When I sat there early august setting up my account, uploading pictures, writting out my descriptions, shop details and polices I had high hopes. Here I am a month later feeling a sense of dissapointment. 

I realize its only been a month since setting up shop. And I keep telling myself and others that I'm not in it to make money (thats just an added bonus). I want to create jewelry that people want... that people can wear with pride and excitment. That being said, my lack of sales online has hit a soft spot. But I wont let that get in my way. I've only been making jewelry for over a year now. Im still new to this. Everyday I'm discovering new techniques and styles which I then adapt to my designs. Inspiration is all around me. As I grow my business will too!

As for my Etsy shop, I am thankful for my tough "can do" attitude. I love a challenge! Ive done some research and found areas of improvement. This weekends project is to rephotograph my items, write a more detailed description... but is that enough? How else can I increase my views and hopefully generate sales?

You can follow me on Etsy at etsy.com/ca/shop/recycledbeauty4u.

No comments:

Post a Comment